Seminar 4: Could Hong Kong rein in on soaring housing prices?
13 September 2017, JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
11:30am - 2:00pm
On 13 September, our experts will give voice on their views about:
- Should the government intervene more in the private property market to improve people’s livelihood and the city’s competitiveness?
- Could increasing land supply solve current housing shortage in the face of an uncertain economic outlook?
- Could curbing property price hikes help first time buyers buy affordable housing and get onto the housing ladder?
- Rise in Hong Kong’s property prices vs the real income of the city’s workforce
*CPD e-Certificate will be issued upon request.
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Registration and networking coffee break
MC opening remarks and networking lunch
12:15 PM - 1:45 PM
Could Hong Kong rein in on soaring housing prices?
- Buggle Lau, Director (Property Data & Research), Midland Realty Services Limited (confirmed)
- Fiona Waters, Founder and Managing Director, Waters Economics
- Dr Yanto Chandra, Assistant Professor, Department of Public Policy, City University of Hong Kong
- Yonden Lhatoo, Chief News Editor, South China Morning Post
1:45 PM - 2:00 PM
2:00 PM - 2:15 PM
End of seminar and networking